Winchester National Exhibition
This will be the sixth Winchester National Exhibition. It is a competition and exhibition for PDIs, open to any photographer, amateur or professional, who is resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, or has a BFPO address.
Three nationally accredited judges select the winning images, awarding, in each class, First, Second and Third places, three Judges’ Choices, the best image by a WPS member and several Certificates of Merit.
The winning images and a selection of the accepted images will be presented in September 2021 at a WPS meeting, to WPS members and invited guests.
All winning and accepted images will be displayed on this website from September to December 2021.
|Entry Submission Period||From 1 May till 30 June 2021. |
Between those dates there will be a link on this site for uploading entries.
|Cost of Entry||Each image submitted will cost £1.50, with a minimum fee of £6.|
|Judging||During July 2021|
|Results published||By 31 July 2021|
|Presentation and Awards Evening||September 2021 in the Performance Hall, Winchester Discovery Centre.|
|Online Viewing of Exhibition||On this website from September 2021 to December 2021.|
To be announced
- Pictorial Colour: emphasis on visual impact, composition and technical excellence
- Pictorial Monochrome: emphasis on visual impact, composition and technical excellence
- Nature: must conform to FIAP definition; link is given on the website
- Creative: any subject, including abstract and ‘altered reality’ images
- Scapes: land, sea or urban views.
The full rules will be published on this website, but here are a few key points:
- Up to three images allowed in each class
- Maximum ten images in total
- Images that have been accepted in a previous WNE may not be resubmitted
- Images must be in jpg format only
- Images must not exceed 1920 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high
- Entrants must own the copyright to all elements of their images.
Further details and the full rules of entry will appear on this website by January 2021, or you can direct enquiries to:
WNE Coordinator: Nick Townley: [email protected]
The full rules and class definitions for 2021 have not yet been published. We expect them to be very similar to those that were to have been used for the WNE 2020 Exhibition.
Unfortunately, we had to cancel WNE 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic, but the WNE 2020 rules and class definitions are still available.