2020-21 Print League Round 5 – 4 May
Until further notice, we are holding all Print and PDI (projected digital image) competitions online using GoToMeeting.
Upload deadline Weds 28 April
Members please upload your images by the end of Wednesday 28 April 2021.
Judge: Dr Barry Senior HonFRPS, APAGB
We update this table with the results of each Print round shortly after judging evenings.
subject to official confirmation from the Competition Secretary
2020-21 Print Round 5 – Winning and Held back entries
Click on any pane to see the winning and held back images in that class
A=Advanced, B=Beginners, G=Gold, I=Intermediate
- 1st Bruce Mackay That sinking feeling
- 2nd Bob Allen Comforting Words
- 3rd Terry Shipp Winchester High Street
- c Damon Elliott Dawn over the Namib Desert
- c Charles Jennings The Conversation
- c John Tierney Portrait Of A Chiffchaff
In the end Terry’s third place was enough for him to hang on to first place with Bob just one point behind.
Terry wins the President’s Cup.
1st Tim Lever Snow Scene
2nd Sue Birtwistle Christmas Jumper
3rd Bob Hart Eyeing up Supper
c Harvey Arber Gone Fishing
c Chrissi Travell In The Shed
c Angela Cook Lottie
Bob’s third place one behind Sue was enough for him to hang on to first place so he wins the Symonds Cup
- 1st Linda Gates LRPS Wayward Tulips
- 2nd Dan Cowen Preparing to pounce
- 3rd Jacquie Powell LRPS Into the inferno
- c Jo Grimes Low Lighthouse – Burnham-on-Sea
- c Adrian Walmsley LRPS Fibre engineer at work
- c Kate Whieldon Harvest Mouse on Poppy head
- c Richard Lewis Black Kite
- c Robin Shaw LRPS More Snow Soon at Farley Church
A very close battle in the Advanced class was eventually won by Dan; his second place was enough to pull him ahead of Robin. Linda’s win pulled her up to third.
Dan wins the Richardson Cup.
- 1st Roger Dixey ARPS DPAGB BPE2* The Windfarm
- 2nd David McKibbin LRPS DPAGB Fishing At Dawn
- 3rd Tony Smith ARPS DPAGB Saint Francis in the style of Caravaggio
- c Eric Blake LRPS The Old Lepe Lifeboat Station
- c Pete Whieldon ARPS DPAGB Reflections
- c Tony Cowburn ARPS Cruising 2021 Style
Another close fight here between the top three; David’s second place allowed him to pip Eric to the top. David wins the St.Swithun Bowl.
2020-21 PDI League Round 5
members please login to see connection details (when available)
Judge: Dr Barry Senior HonFRPS, APAGB
Dr. Barry Senior Hon. FRPS APAGB was president of the Royal Photographic Society from 2007 to 2009. In 2011 he received the Fenton Medal which is awarded for outstanding contribution to the work of the RPS
This Interview with Dr. Barry Senior conducted in 2008 by Steven Yee Pui Chung has more information and a few of Barry’s photographs.
Barry Senior is a member of Fordingbridge Camera Club and a Level 3 SCPF judge.
Barry was the judge for Print Round 2 in our 2016/17 season, on 16 December 2016.
He is currently on the Selection Committee of Fordingbridge CC where his profile tells us that
Barry has some 60 years of photographic experience beginning with film processing and printing, moving in 1996 to digital scanning and from 2004 to digital capture, processing the digital files in Photoshop and Lightroom.
His early interest was mainly monochrome landscape and later studio still life photography. ‘Professional work’ included weddings photojournalism for a college newspaper and managing scientific macro photography.
Barry has over 40 years judging experience at club level; selecting National and International Exhibitions including for the Chinese Photographers’ Association, an RPS Fellowship Board Member and Chair of the RPS Distinctions Board.
How to Enter
Click here to go to the PhotoEntry service.
This should be familiar to all members who have entered previous competitions in the 2020/21 season.
If this is your first time, you should have received an email giving you your PhotoEntry userid and an initial one-time password.
Just follow the PDI Image Upload Instructions